- A colourless crystalline compound occurring naturally in seawater and halite; common salt.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NaCl
- Many binary ionic compounds such as sodium chloride and magnesium oxide melt without decomposing into pure liquids.
- One solute commonly found in water is sodium chloride, or common table salt.
- The Stassfurt mine in Germany yields potassium chloride and potassium sulfate as well as sodium chloride.
More definitions of sodium chlorideDefinition of sodium chloride in:
- The US English dictionary