- A musician or singer who performs a solo: he appears as a concerto soloist with all the great British orchestrasMore example sentences
- The most famous conductors and soloists in the concert halls around the world perform his compositions.
- Graduals are among the most elaborate of all chants and are performed by soloists and choir in alternation.
- The concert ended with a Mass by Bellini in which the organist, choir and soloists gave a magnificent performance.
More definitions of soloistDefinition of soloist in:
- The US English dictionary