- another term for somatosensory.More example sentences
- These somesthetic impulses include fine touch as well as gross touch, but the routes of the two types of somesthesis are not the same.
- Then synesthesia, or experiencing of one sensory modality as another, takes over and the basic somaesthetic image is elaborated into a full OBE with visual imagery.
- As somaesthetic input is lost, other presentational subformats - like vision and kinesthesia - become more dominant and take its role in stabilizing the PSM.
late 19th century: from Greek sōma 'body' + aesthetic.
More definitions of somaestheticDefinition of somaesthetic in:
- The US English dictionary