- 1Relating to the body, especially as distinct from the mind: patients completed a questionnaire about their somatic and psychological symptomsMore example sentences
- In the present study, we examined gender differences in somatic symptoms at a mind/body outpatient clinic.
- Such patients' insistence that the physician pursue somatic symptoms until a medical diagnosis is obtained can be significantly frustrating.
- Do patients with unexplained physical symptoms pressurise general practitioners for somatic treatment?
- 1.1 Biology Relating to the soma.More example sentences
- Transgenic mouse modelling has provided a new approach to study the various steps involved in spontaneous and induced mutagenesis in rodent somatic and germline tissues in vivo.
- Heterotrophic organisms must acquire nutrients to maintain somatic and gametic function.
- Interspecific heteroplasmic mice were also produced by microinjection of somatic mitochondria into pronucleus-stage embryos.
- More example sentences
- In this way, we confirmed that epigenetic and second-site suppression of hcf 106 could be separated somatically.
- Sometimes those communications and exchanges take place somatically, occurring at levels upon which we do not or cannot reflect.
- This pattern holds for both germline and somatically expressed genes.
late 18th century: from Greek sōmatikos, from sōma 'body'.
More definitions of somaticDefinition of somatic in:
- The US English dictionary