- 1(In Australian Aboriginal belief) a route through the landscape which is believed to have been travelled during the Dreamtime (or Alcheringa) and which features a series of landmarks thought to relate to events that happened during this time.More example sentences
- If we were Australian aboriginals, wouldn't we be fighting to resist this erosion of our songlines and sacred places, by the secular powers-that-be?
- Even today aborigines in the outback habitually go walkabout to experience what they call the "songlines", singing the old songs and tunes and thereby continuing the very essence of creation.
- This recognizes that there is a dimension of political identity and boundary marking in songlines.
- 1.1A traditional song or story recording a journey made during the Dreamtime.More example sentences
- And all of their dreamtime stories, all of their songlines are all about the plants and the animals and the stories of how everything came to be.
- The dance became an important part of setting the structure of who we are, what our songs and our songlines are.