Definition of sonic in English:
1Relating to or using sound waves: the whales emit sonic pulse systems
More example sentences
- Unfazed, members of the band have, it seems, decided to evolve into sonic pioneers instead.
- The end result is a rich, triumphant sonic tapestry; you can hear every dollar that went into it.
- Hence, the sonic crack of the bullet is much louder than any noise produced by the weapon's operation.
- Example sentences
- The Wipers, a band originating from Portland, OR, has consistently released sonically diverse records since the late 70's.
- The collection is organized sonically rather than chronologically, which makes for a more coherent listening experience, but kind of tells the story out of order as a result.
- Seemingly close, the sound is actually remote, and the distance - not just in epochs, but of space itself - feels sonically tangible.
Definition of sonic in:
- US English dictionary