- 1A water ice: a delicious fruit sorbet [mass noun]: they ate orange sorbetMore example sentences
- Pudding was a passion fruit sorbet which Ronay pronounced the best sorbet he had ever eaten, and we finished the meal with coffee and Armagnac.
- Any dessert with a sorbet or ice cream will give pleasure here.
- Other desserts include bananas or papaya in caramel and cream sauce, bread pudding with custard, coconut or banana tarts, delicious coconut sorbet, and a mean coconut nougat.
- 2 • archaic An Arabian sherbet.More example sentences
- That's right, sherbets and sorbets originally were drinks made from sweetened fruit juice.
late 16th century: from French, from Italian sorbetto, from Turkish şerbet, based on Arabic šariba 'to drink'; compare with sherbet.
More definitions of sorbetDefinition of sorbet in:
- The US English dictionary