- (In eastern Caribbean folklore) a malignant witch believed to shed her skin by night and suck the blood of her victims.More example sentences
- The only way to kill a soucouyant is to salt her skin when she leaves it to make her nightly flight.
- The thing that puzzles me to this day is when ole people used to talk about seeing soucouyants.
- You can tell you've been bitten by a soucouyant if you see two little bite marks side by side, anywhere on your body in the morning.
West Indian creole.
More definitions of soucouyantDefinition of soucouyant in:
- The US English dictionary