(also sounding board /ˈsaʊn(d)bɔːd/)
- A thin sheet of wood over which the strings of a piano or similar instrument are positioned to increase the sound produced.More example sentences
- Frank once had me cut a piece of foam out and mount a Pignose amp on the harp of a Bosendorfer grand piano, pointing down to the soundboard in the piano.
- They began to construct the entire instrument out of wood, even the soundboards which were previously made with rawhide.
- The piano's construction, with its longest strings and the majority of its soundboard in the lower register, makes bringing out soprano lines especially difficult.
More definitions of soundboardDefinition of soundboard in:
- The US English dictionary