adjective & adverb
- Involving or denoting a method of preserving food by partial cooking followed by vacuum-sealing and chilling: [as adjective]: a convection oven can be used in sous vide operations [as adverb]: cooking sous videMore example sentences
- In addition to saving time, cooking the egg yolk sous vide opens up the opportunity to flavor the egg with herbs, salt, pepper, oil, or anything else while it cooks in the bag.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The sous vide method of preserving food: gourmet quality meals are ready in a snap using a cooking technology called sous videMore example sentences
- The newspaper reported that 8 restaurants have been approved to use sous vide in their kitchens.
- For home cooks like me, the main disadvantages of sous vide seem to be time and cost.
French, literally 'under vacuum'.
More definitions of sous videDefinition of sous vide in:
- The US English dictionary