adjective & adverb
- another term for south-east. [as adjective]: south-easterly winds [as adverb]: the route turns south-easterlyMore example sentences
- There was a fresh east, south-easterly wind which took me towards land.
- The fire began at about 3pm on Thursday and gradually spread in south-easterly winds.
- The persistent heavy rain and south-easterly winds made thing very unpleasant for everyone, especially the first part of the day.
nounBack to top
- another term for southeaster. the wind has increased to a gentle south-easterlyMore example sentences
- These airstreams then turn northwards to the north of the Equator and meet the southern hemisphere south-easterlies in a trough zone south of the Equator.
- Throughout that Cape summer, as the prevailing south-easterlies blew long and warm from the Indian Ocean, they enjoyed a sybaritic life.
- Roaring south-easterlies of 35 knots and mountainous swells of about six metres during the 24 hours since Wednesday were hammering the yachts.
More definitions of south-easterlyDefinition of south-easterly in:
- The US English dictionary