Definition of souvenir in English:
A thing that is kept as a reminder of a person, place, or event: the recording provides a souvenir of a great production
More example sentences
- Officers have been on hand at university events giving away cups, bottle openers and other souvenirs with logos reminding them how to keep safe.
- There will be special quiz shows and the winners will be awarded with souvenirs to remind them of their participation in the fiesta.
- I had packed up a box of gifts and souvenirs to ship home, so we went to the post office.
verb[with object] informal Back to top
Take as a memento: many parts of the aircraft have been souvenired
More example sentences
- What it all boils down to is souveniring the experience and bad smells.
- That is why these poems should be souvenired by, or given to, visitors to Central Australia.
- I souvenired the offending CD from the floor of the carriage.
Words that rhyme with souveniradhere, Agadir, Anglosphere, appear, arrear, auctioneer, austere, balladeer, bandolier, Bashkir, beer, besmear, bier, blear, bombardier, brigadier, buccaneer, cameleer, career, cashier, cavalier, chandelier, charioteer, cheer, chevalier, chiffonier, clavier, clear, Coetzee, cohere, commandeer, conventioneer, Cordelier, corsetière, Crimea, dear, deer, diarrhoea (US diarrhea), domineer, Dorothea, drear, ear, electioneer, emir, endear, engineer, fear, fleer, Freer, fusilier, gadgeteer, Galatea, gazetteer, gear, gondolier, gonorrhoea (US gonorrhea), Greer, grenadier, hand-rear, hear, here, Hosea, idea, interfere, Izmir, jeer, Judaea, Kashmir, Keir, kir, Korea, Lear, leer, Maria, marketeer, Medea, Meir, Melilla, mere, Mia, Mir, mishear, mountaineer, muleteer, musketeer, mutineer, near, orienteer, pamphleteer, panacea, paneer, peer, persevere, pier, Pierre, pioneer, pistoleer, privateer, profiteer, puppeteer, racketeer, ratafia, rear, revere, rhea, rocketeer, Sapir, scrutineer, sear, seer, sere, severe, Shamir, shear, sheer, sincere, smear, sneer, sonneteer, spear, sphere, steer, stere, summiteer, Tangier, tear, tier, Trier, Tyr, veer, veneer, Vere, Vermeer, vizier, volunteer, Wear, weir, we're, year, Zaïre
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia