- The frequency of occurrence of stars, particles, or other celestial objects, per specified volume of space.More example sentences
- Spherical harmonics were fit to the pitch and phase distributions in order to obtain fluxes from which phase space densities could be computed.
- If these are massive early-type galaxies their space density exceeds the expectations based on hierarchical clustering models.
- Independent of one's redshift model, substantial changes in the luminosity function or space density of quasars and radio galaxies have occurred.
More definitions of space densityDefinition of space density in:
- The US English dictionary