- E-mail and newsgroup spam are annoying, but at least they file neatly into your e-mail or newsgroup reader.
- There are other irritating blights of the Internet age, like spam.
- If we pass laws making it illegal both to send spam and to hire spammers to do so on your behalf then we're part way to solving the problem.
- Online marketing isn't about banner ads and spam, it's about creating dialogue and community with an audience, and always has been.
- It doesn't matter if you're selling diamond mines, weight loss tools, penis surgery or refrigerator dehumidifiers - spam is going to take your brand down.
- Consumers see spam as a sign of disrespect and dishonesty.
- Experts at Sophos have warned users to be wary of unsolicited emails claiming to contain photographs, after a Trojan horse was spammed to internet users.
- Normally when discussing the history of spam, we look back to a lawyer who spammed newsgroups about 10 years ago.
- This bulletin is being spammed via email and it tries to con users into downloading a new Microsoft security update.
1930s: apparently from sp(iced h)am. The Internet sense appears to derive from a sketch by the British ‘Monty Python’ comedy group, set in a cafe in which every item on the menu includes spam.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: spam
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.