- 1Wearing spectacles: a flushed and spectacled young womanMore example sentences
- ‘Hello, Bryn’, Drew said dryly, looking up at the spectacled young man.
- Cut to a younger, spottier and more heavily spectacled Jim sitting in a chair.
- A story circulated quite recently that a leading British professional, who will remain nameless to preserve his reputation, once suffered the indignity of a humiliating beating while at school - against the spectacled class boffin.
- 1.1Used in names of animals with markings on the face or elsewhere that resemble spectacles.More example sentences
- Teams searched large areas on foot, recording and mapping all occurrences of Steller's or spectacled eiders, as well as predators such as gulls, jaegers, and foxes.
- In February 2001, critical habitat in western coastal Alaska was designated in four areas for the threatened spectacled eider and in five areas for the Steller's eider.
- Only the spectacled and panda bears are vegetarians.
More definitions of spectacledDefinition of spectacled in:
- The US English dictionary