Definition of speedball in English:
1 informal A mixture of cocaine with heroin.
- Study participants were asked separate questions about their use of crack cocaine, powder cocaine, heroin, speedball, methadone, other opiates, amphetamine, marijuana, and a catch-all ‘other drugs’ category.
- For heroin, this included snorting, injecting, smoking, and the use of speedballs (heroin and cocaine combined).
- Drug use frequency is measured as no use, marijuana use (so-called ‘light’ drug), and crack, cocaine, heroin, speedball and/or methamphetamines.
2A small punchball used by boxers for practising quick punches.
- We also did some cardiovascular work in the gym primarily with speedballs a boxer might use.
- None of them had ever punched a speedball before, but they've taken to it like ducks to water.
- We have a brand new ring, punch bags, speedball - all top-notch equipment.
Definition of speedball in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia