noun[often as modifier]
- 1A check of the spelling in a file of text using a spellchecker: a spellcheck programMore example sentences
- I don't run an anti-virus or spellcheck program, and I don't believe in installing patches or defragmenting my hard drive.
- They'll also see a new tool that provides a kind of universal spellcheck service regardless of what application is being used.
- They understand software, surfing and spellchecks.
- 1.1A spellchecker.More example sentences
- A new spellcheck is a valuable addition, as is the enhanced search-and-replace function.
- Why don't people use the computer spellcheck?
- The spellcheck didn't like 34G and asked if I wanted to change it to Agamemnon.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Check the spelling in (a text) using a spellchecker: the text shows signs of having been spellchecked but not proof-readMore example sentences
- From a visitors point of view if you couldn't be bothered spellchecking your website then how good can your product really be?
- Earlier this week, someone at the NZ Herald must have hit the wrong buttons when spellchecking this story.
- Once you've written, rewritten, spellchecked, and proofread your newsletter in the word processor, copy and paste it into the body of your email program.
More definitions of spellcheckDefinition of spellcheck in:
- The US English dictionary