- 1A passage for surplus water from a dam.More example sentences
- The jet device can measure the erosion potential of a soil in vegetated channels, road embankments, dams, spillways, and construction sites.
- To this day, it continues to grind away - a giant spillway steadily funneling water, mud, and whitewater rafters toward the Grand Canyon, which lies 315 miles south of the park.
- Laing Dam, on the Buffalo River near King William's Town, which feeds into Bridle Drift, peaked in the morning when the water was 2,09 metres above the spillway.
More definitions of spillwayDefinition of spillway in:
- The US English dictionary