adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Having small spines.More example sentences
- The terminals studied have the type of pollen morphology described by Nowicke: pantoporate, spinulose and punctate ektexine with very small, numerous, sparsely-distributed pores.
- In it grow such ferns as adder's tongue fern, bog fern, Christmas fern, crested fern, Goldie's fern, maidenhair fern, New York fern, ostrich fern, and spinulose woodfern.
- Oak fern and spinulose wood fern are common, along with strawberryleaf raspberry, threeleaf foamflower, and twisted-stalk.
early 19th century: from modern Latin spinulosus, from spinula, diminutive of spina 'thorn, spine'.
More definitions of spinuloseDefinition of spinulose in:
- The US English dictionary