A filamentous green alga of a genus that includes blanket weed.
- Genus Spirogyra, division Chlorophyta
More example sentences
- The magnified parade of protozoas, amoeba proteus and paramecia aurelia, with spirogyras and volvox green algae, amazed the kids.
- The spirogyras send their contents through the conjugations tubes to the other one.
- It was a picture of spirogyra, a single cell organism, taken through a microscope.
modern Latin, from spiro-1 'spiral' + Greek guros, gura 'round'.
Definition of spirogyra in:
- The US English dictionary