Definition of spirometer in English:
An instrument for measuring the air capacity of the lungs.
- The two most common tools to measure lung function are spirometers and peak flow meters.
- During the test, you'll breathe into a spirometer, which measures the function of your lungs when you inhale and exhale.
- The long-term accuracy of a random sample of five of the study spirometers shall be measured by a third party using a waveform generator at the beginning and at the end of the 6-month study.
- Example sentences
- Oximetry and spirometry were obtained before and after sputum induction.
- This has important clinical ramifications as there has been increasing emphasis on performing spirometry in primary care settings.
- After 2 to 4 weeks, they had spirometry, sputum induction, and a methacholine inhalation test.
Definition of spirometer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan