- Having the corpus callosum severed or absent, so as to eliminate the main connection between the two hemispheres of the brain: in split-brain patients it has been shown that the left hemisphere retains language function, the right does notMore example sentences
- In a study involving split-brain patients, it was shown that only the left hemisphere is efficient in producing voluntary facial expressions.
- In the present paper, we use competing-task paradigms in participants with intact brains to corroborate the previous findings with split-brain patients.
- For example, a picture of a snow scene was presented (from the left field of vision) to the right hemisphere of a split-brain patient.
More definitions of split-brainDefinition of split-brain in:
- The US English dictionary