- 1 [mass noun] Small pellets used to weight a fishing line.More example sentences
- The angling community got its act together on lead shot and weights over 20 years ago, in light of real evidence that certain sizes of split shot and leger weights were linked to swan moralities.
- The olivette is more dense and streamlined than split shot.
- You will probably notice the lack of stick floats and split shot that can take an age to set up and this is for the very reason that speed is often vital.
- 2 Croquet A stroke driving two touching balls in different directions.More example sentences
- Either of the split strokes along the rush line means the striker ball will have to travel further.
- The player can see the limitations of the Take Off as a hoop approach, except when the ball roqueted is already behind the hoop, and appreciates the need for the split stroke approach.
More definitions of split shotDefinition of split shot in:
- The US English dictionary