Definition of splittism in English:
(Among communists, or in communist countries) the pursuance of factional interests in opposition to official Communist Party policy.
- The most prominent threats were listed as ‘infiltration and sabotage by hostile overseas forces’, ‘disturbance by nationalist splittism forces’ and ‘religious extremists and terrorists’.
- Mixing this article together with a reference to Lenin's article ‘Left Wing Communism’ Straw accused Trotsky of ‘factionalism,’ ‘splittism,’ ‘ultra-leftism,’ and ‘wider infantile disorders.’
- ‘Their intention is to advocate splittism under the pretext of a different interpretation,’ Zhu told reporters.
- Example sentences
- Gone are the high-decibel, constant fulminations of communist generals against the ‘splittists.’
- On the list were ‘underground gangs’, Xinjiang separatists, ‘splittists’ - including Tibetans - ‘unstable social elements’ and the Falun Gong spiritual movement; all these are now defined as terrorist groups.
- After only five days at the helm, Hu set out a tough policy for dealing with the ‘splittists.’
Definition of splittism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan