noun (plural spokespersons or spokespeople)
- A spokesman or spokeswoman (used as a neutral alternative): a spokesperson for the Scottish OfficeMore example sentences
- Moss claims that ministers are spokespersons and representatives of the community, but she does not interrogate how this may affect women in the congregation.
- Jane is both an effectively realized individual and a representative figure, a spokesperson for the African American experience from slavery times to the era of the civil rights movement.
- Of course, the implications of the advertisement are duplicitous and insulting both to the readers and to the portions of society that the spokesperson represents.
More definitions of spokespersonDefinition of spokesperson in:
- The US English dictionary