noun[mass noun] chiefly Botany
- The process of spore formation.More example sentences
- Male sporogenesis begins with the division of a diploid sporophytic cell that gives rise to the tapetal initial and the sporogenous cell.
- This strongly suggests that the dyads corresponded to the final stage of sporogenesis and therefore that they occurred from a meiosis II-like division, rather than from a disrupted meiosis I.
- In the final stages of sporogenesis, a dense perine is deposited on the spore surface.
More definitions of sporogenesisDefinition of sporogenesis in:
- The US English dictionary