- A small pouch worn around the waist so as to hang in front of the kilt as part of men’s Scottish Highland dress.More example sentences
- After opening the centre, it will launch what it claims is the first Highland clothing label encompassing kilts, sporrans, jackets, and shoes.
- But it now seems that the news of a new director has calmed the ruffled kilts and sporrans, and there is peace in the glens once more.
- Passing each one, he fingered their kilts and sporrans until he reached Sergeant Thomas Campbell and grew more inquisitive.
mid 18th century: from Scottish Gaelic sporan.
More definitions of sporranDefinition of sporran in:
- The US English dictionary