Definition of sporulate in English:
verb[no object] Biology
Produce or form a spore or spores: many fungi grow and sporulate satisfactorily on potato-extract agar
More example sentences
- The alternative procedure, spore segregation, is impractical for hyperyellow mycelia that sporulate very poorly or not at all.
- When the flowers form, the fungus again sporulates and starts the cycle again.
- Although sporulation is a clear indication of diploidy, the absence of sporulation is uninformative since some diploids sporulate at very low frequencies.
- Example sentences
- This may represent further oxidative damage to the plant tissue, but it is also possible that it is related to fungal growth and the onset of sporulation.
- In many of these studies fungal propagules showed sensitivity, but some exhibited enhanced sporulation in response to elevated UV-B radiation.
- He has authored more than 70 articles on subjects including bacterial sporulation, biological indicators, package integrity, and medical devices.
Definition of sporulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.