Definition of sporulate in English:
verb[no object] Biology
Produce or form a spore or spores: many fungi grow and sporulate satisfactorily on potato-extract agar
More example sentences
- The alternative procedure, spore segregation, is impractical for hyperyellow mycelia that sporulate very poorly or not at all.
- When the flowers form, the fungus again sporulates and starts the cycle again.
- Although sporulation is a clear indication of diploidy, the absence of sporulation is uninformative since some diploids sporulate at very low frequencies.
- Example sentences
- This may represent further oxidative damage to the plant tissue, but it is also possible that it is related to fungal growth and the onset of sporulation.
- In many of these studies fungal propagules showed sensitivity, but some exhibited enhanced sporulation in response to elevated UV-B radiation.
- He has authored more than 70 articles on subjects including bacterial sporulation, biological indicators, package integrity, and medical devices.
Definition of sporulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan