Definition of spot-weld in English:
Join by welding at a number of separate points: the wire was spot-welded in place
More example sentences
- She planted the stack on the floor, casually but deliberately forcing it six inches into the ground, then repositioned the hood, spot-welding it to its support.
- Another approach is to take a thin-wall tube and just use a sleeve you slide over it and then spot-weld it in place before hydroforming.
- Gates should be of heavy construction, with hinge pins spot-welded to prevent easy removal.
noun(spot weld) Back to top
A weld made by spot-welding.
- But it's not like a spot weld - it is a surface weld.
- This system not only allows several welds to be done simultaneously, it also reduces weld time from three seconds for a conventional spot weld, to just half a second.
- The joints proved to be equal to spot welds in bending and rolling tests on the wheels.
Definition of spot-weld in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia