noun[mass noun] British
- A suet pudding containing currants.More example sentences
- If food at home was simple and basic, food at school was vile: gristly stews, egg substitute, watery cabbage, semolina, and spotted dick drowned in custard.
- Items on the dessert menu - which included raspberry meringue, banana split, New York cheesecake, spotted dick and treacle sponge - were very tempting, but the other courses unfortunately left no room.
- Puddings - apple crumble, treacle roly-poly and spotted dick, served with custard, cream or vegan ice cream - cost £1.50.
More definitions of spotted dickDefinition of spotted dick in:
- The US English dictionary