- 1A rank of non-commissioned officer in the army, above sergeant and below warrant officer.More example sentences
- They spent two days at the factory in Wales where the house was built, says retired Army staff sergeant Adrian, 57.
- He is retired infantry staff sergeant Donald Pringle, also known as Grandpa.
- During the time I was at the Infantry center we learned to do every squad leader's job, every machine gunner's job and every staff sergeant's job as well, if not better, than our own.
- 1.1A rank of non-commissioned officer in the US air force, above airman and below technical sergeant.More example sentences
- This security forces staff sergeant from Elmendrof Air Force Base finds fraternity with Anchorage's brokers, truckers and teachers.
- Now 25 years old, Robert is an Air Force staff sergeant.
- She'd just met with Candace Campbell-Rhodenizer and her husband, Gene, a staff sergeant with the 732nd Air Mobility Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska.
More definitions of staff sergeantDefinition of staff sergeant in:
- The US English dictionary