Definition of staff sergeant in English:
1A rank of non-commissioned officer in the army, above sergeant and below warrant officer.
- They spent two days at the factory in Wales where the house was built, says retired Army staff sergeant Adrian, 57.
- He is retired infantry staff sergeant Donald Pringle, also known as Grandpa.
- During the time I was at the Infantry center we learned to do every squad leader's job, every machine gunner's job and every staff sergeant's job as well, if not better, than our own.
1.1A rank of non-commissioned officer in the US air force, above airman and below technical sergeant.
- This security forces staff sergeant from Elmendrof Air Force Base finds fraternity with Anchorage's brokers, truckers and teachers.
- Now 25 years old, Robert is an Air Force staff sergeant.
- She'd just met with Candace Campbell-Rhodenizer and her husband, Gene, a staff sergeant with the 732nd Air Mobility Squadron, Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska.
Definition of staff sergeant in:
- US English dictionary