- Coloured glass used to form decorative or pictorial designs, typically by setting contrasting pieces in a lead framework like a mosaic and used for church windows: [as modifier]: stained-glass windowsMore example sentences
- In addition to his sculptural work Ghiberti designed stained-glass windows.
- In 1955 he designed stained-glass windows for Metz Cathedral.
- Local lords and trade guilds made great donations of riches to ornament the cathedral, most notably, its unrivalled stained-glass windows.
More definitions of stained glassDefinition of stained glass in:
- The US English dictionary