- 1Unmarked by or resistant to stains or discoloration: stainless surfaces can never mellow with useMore example sentences
- Nearly half of these alloys, in turn, are used to make stainless and heat - resistant steels.
- A self-rimming stainless sink or a surface mounted sink may be attached with clips underneath the counter top.
- In all iron-chromium-nickel stainless alloys, resistance to corrosion by environments that cause intergranular attack can be improved by lowering the carbon content.
- 1.1(Of a person or their reputation) free from wrongdoing or disgrace: her supposedly stainless pastMore example sentences
- To be honest the school itself intimidated her, with its stainless reputation, wealthy attendants, and so to speak beautiful people.
- For this purpose it is necessary to learn to maintain the openness and serenity of mind as signified by the old expression, ‘Clear as a stainless mirror and calm as still water.’
- This points to a second salient fact in the history of energy technology: the quest for an endless, stainless, and guiltless source of energy.
More definitions of stainlessDefinition of stainless in:
- The US English dictionary