- (Of an argument, claim, evidence, etc.) remain valid after close scrutiny or analysis: you need to have hard evidence that will stand up in court the argument does not stand up to analysisMore example sentences
- Whether the allegations against her will stand up in court remains to be seen.
- He claimed they were for me, but I know for a fact that this wouldn't stand up in a court of law.
- It was examined to see if the idea stood up and had integrity and financial credibility.
More definitions of stand upDefinition of stand up in:
- The US English dictionary