- A vertical pipe extending from a water supply, especially one connecting a temporary tap to the mains.More example sentences
- Similarly, use of existing fire department standpipes and water supplies will be allowed.
- Traffic on nearby Leeds Road was disrupted as police diverted cars round standpipes pumping water from the main road to help douse the flames.
- The iron standpipe supplied residents of Rawcliffe with drinking water before the handful of cottages tapped into the mains.
More definitions of standpipeDefinition of standpipe in:
- The US English dictionary