- Of tin with a valency of two; of tin(II). Compare with stannic.More example sentences
- For example, sodium fluoride, calcium fluoride, and stannous fluoride are all used to help reduce tooth decay.
- Reduction with stannous chloride alone allowed for selective reduction of inorganic mercury.
- Tranexamic acid, D-gluconic acid (hemicalcium salt), dithiothreitol, and stannous chloride were purchased from Sigma (St. Louis, MO).
mid 19th century: from late Latin stannum 'tin' + -ous.
More definitions of stannousDefinition of stannous in:
- The US English dictionary