adjective[attributive] Anatomy & Zoology
- Relating to the stapes: the stapedial arteryMore example sentences
- The stapedial artery originates as a dorsal branch of the second aortic arch and is a part of the carotid artery system.
- No sulcus for a stapedial artery can be clearly identified on either specimen.
- The embryonic hyoid artery arises from the cephalic aspect of the internal carotid artery to form the stapedial and caroticotympanic branches before subsequent regression 15.
late 19th century: from modern Latin stapedius (denoting the muscle attached to the neck of the stapes) + -al.
More definitions of stapedialDefinition of stapedial in:
- The US English dictionary