A plant with starlike flowers, in particular:
- ● a small North American woodland plant (Trientalis borealis, family Primulaceae). ● a star of Bethlehem.
More example sentences
- Evening primrose oil and starflower oil supplements can help too.
- The small, lavender-blue pincushions of S. stellata, known as starflower, ripen into coral-like bronze seedheads, perfect for drying.
- Other plants that fit with the same disjunct pattern are clustered lady's slipper, white shooting-star, broadleaf starflower, evergreen violet, Henderson's sedge, and crinkle-awn fescue.
Definition of starflower in:
- The US English dictionary