Any of a number of plants with starlike flowers or leaves.
- Stellaria (family Caryophyllaceae), Callitriche (family Callitrichaceae), and other genera: several species, including the greater stitchwort
More example sentences
- When it grows on mud in low-water conditions, the leaves of water starwort are oblong.
- Young leaves of common starwort are edible, raw or cooked as a potherb.
- River water-crowfoot, water starworts, water cress and lesser and greater pond sedge.
Definition of starwort in:
- The US English dictionary