- The body of principles and rules of law laid down in statutes. Compare with common law, case law.More example sentences
- Your Honour, I am putting it that way on the basis that the law that is the law relevant to the success or failure of the litigation is the law of South Australia, whether it be common law or statute law.
- We are talking about the interaction of statute law and common law in product liability cases and I think that issue just has to be addressed at some stage.
- There is no statute law or rule that prohibits a costs award against a litigation guardian or more particularly against the Public Guardian and Trustee.
More definitions of statute lawDefinition of statute law in:
- The US English dictionary