Resolutely or dutifully firm and unwavering: steadfast loyalty
More example sentences
- As for the coronation of the new King, it stands firm, steadfast and unshaken.
- You've got to just hold steady and steadfast and unwavering in certain situations.
- The men ridicule him and laugh at him, but Wang Lung is steadfast in his resolution.
loyal, faithful, committed, devoted, dedicated, dependable, reliable, steady, true, constant, staunch, trustyfirm, determined, resolute, steady, staunch, stalwart, stout, relentless, implacable, single-minded; unchanging, unwavering, unhesitating, unfaltering, unswerving, unyielding, unflinching, inflexible, uncompromising
- [as submodifier]: they were steadfastly loyalMore example sentences
- He was a good listener and he remained steadfastly loyal to his restless, eccentric, intensely spiritual wife.
- Had I not been concentrating on gripping onto a rail so steadfastly I might have said something.
- Powell has steadfastly defended everything he has been called on to defend over the last four years.
- More example sentences
- In a tribute, Lord Eden referred to Sir Julian's steadfastness, perseverance and loyalty as a constituency MP and parliamentarian, as well as his fearlessness in putting forward his own beliefs.
- The broken glass symbolises the broken faith, broken trust and shattered justice, our axe symbolises the steadfastness of our determination.
- His display of passion and intent, his steadfastness not swayed by a biscuit, soothes my own restless soul.