Definition of steam power in English:
Power that is applied to an engine by the force of steam.
- The claim they staked is to pilot the first motorized vessel to cross the Atlantic without oil or steam power.
- By the early 1800 s, Evans' attention turned to steam power.
- In 1876, he also erected a large grain elevator with a steam power for elevating grain.
- Example sentences
- In the case of textiles, increased output depended on water or steam-powered machinery installed in purpose-built factories.
- The advent of steam-powered vessels increased the number of ships in the region.
- The railway locomotive and the large steam-powered factory were the most spectacular products of the steam age.
Definition of steam power in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.