noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The excretion of abnormal quantities of fat with the faeces owing to reduced absorption of fat by the intestine.More example sentences
- Reducing the intake of fat might reduce nausea, steatorrhoea, and diarrhea often associated with giardiasis.
- Associated manifestations that may cause complications include the gluten-sensitive enteropathy, which can cause steatorrhea, abnormal D-xylose absorption, and anemia.
- Severe abdominal pain is the most common presentation, and diabetes mellitus and steatorrhoea often result from long-standing disease1.
More definitions of steatorrhoeaDefinition of steatorrhoea in:
- The US English dictionary