noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Infiltration of liver cells with fat, associated with disturbance of the metabolism by, for example, alcoholism, malnutrition, pregnancy, or drug therapy.More example sentences
- In many forms of acute and chronic liver injury or steatosis (fatty infiltration of the liver), the ratio is less than or equal to 1.
- Hepatic steatosis, most commonly associated with the nucleoside analogs, didanosine, stavudine and zalcitabine can lead to severe hepatotoxicity in HIV / HBV co-infected patients.
- In the liver, varying degrees of centrilobular necrosis and steatosis and a mild portal inflammatory infiltrate were seen in the SARS patients.
More definitions of steatosisDefinition of steatosis in:
- The US English dictionary