- A toroidal apparatus for producing controlled fusion reactions in hot plasma, where all the controlling magnetic fields inside it are produced by external windings.More example sentences
- The design techniques and physics analysis of modern stellarator configurations for magnetic fusion research rely heavily on high performance computing and simulation.
- These low-aspect-ratio stellarator-tokamak hybrids differ from conventional stellarators in their use of the plasma-generated bootstrap current to supplement the poloidal field from external coils.
- Research is being carried out on several types of stellarator differing mainly in the periodicity of the toroidal and poloidal components of their magnetic field.
1950s: from stellar (with reference to the fusion processes in stars), on the pattern of generator.
More definitions of stellaratorDefinition of stellarator in:
- The US English dictionary