Definition of stellate in English:
Arranged in a radiating pattern like that of a star: stellate cells a stellate pattern of strands
More example sentences
- It is composed of 3 components: fibrous septa, mature fat, and small, primitive stellate and spindle-shaped cells.
- Additionally, there are no central epithelial cells resembling stellate reticulum.
- The corresponding tissue biopsies showed proliferation of pleomorphic, round to oval, and stellate cells infiltrating the bladder wall and covered by intact urothelium.
- stellated adjective
- Example sentences
- The other four were not known to the Greeks, and are sometimes known as the stellated regular polyhedra.
- The small stellated dodecahedron is simply 12 stars, called pentagrams, intersected in a special way.
- More precisely stellated polyhedron faces are formed by interpenetrated stellated polygons (polygrams).
Mid 17th century: from Latin stellatus, from stella 'star'.
Definition of stellate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.