noun (plural stenos)North American • informal
- 1A shorthand typist: it was written by the little steno herselfMore example sentences
- When they kiss, the stenos hide their blushing faces behind their steno pads.
- 1.1 [as modifier] short for stenography. the steno pool I carry a steno pad and two pensMore example sentences
- From that position Papa read the many investment newsletters to which he subscribed, tinkered with small parts, or filled steno pads with his odd, cryptic notes and lists.
- No red-blooded reporter from the American steno pool would pull a stunt like that.
- Sue gives him flies for simply appreciating them and showing her the little spiral-bound steno pad in which he logs which fly caught which fish under which conditions.
More definitions of stenoDefinition of steno in:
- The US English dictionary