Definition of stereolithography in English:
A technique or process for creating three-dimensional objects, in which a computer-controlled moving laser beam is used to build up the required structure, layer by layer, from a liquid polymer that hardens on contact with laser light.
- The model is built using a high-tech process called laser stereolithography and allows surgeons to plan operations better.
- Since the invention of stereolithography in the mid-1980s and of the World Wide Web in the mid-1990s, much has been made of their revolutionary potential.
- Having assessed how much bone needs to be removed, the scientists use stereolithography to make the individual implants.
- Example sentences
- A stereolithographic method of fabricating the collars is disclosed.
- Features of the carapaces of four morphologically distinct species of boxfishes were measured, and anatomically-exact stereolithographic models of the boxfishes were constructed.
- The present invention relates to a stereolithographic process for the preparation of three-dimensional objects.
Definition of stereolithography in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan