noun[mass noun] US
- Any of a number of North American plants with hooked or barbed seeds, e.g. ragweed.More example sentences
- Some species overwinter near the roots of weeds such as stickweed, plantain, and fleabane.
- I eased through the tall stickweeds and could see the rear half of the deer's body behind a tree 30 yards away.
- Also watch for cuts and abrasions from things like barbed wire fence, old machinery left hidden under tall grass, stickweeds and burrs.
More definitions of stickweedDefinition of stickweed in:
- The US English dictionary