- The birth of an infant that has died in the womb (strictly, after having survived through at least the first 28 weeks of pregnancy, earlier instances being regarded as abortion or miscarriage): an enquiry into stillbirths and deaths in infancy [mass noun]: the risk of stillbirthMore example sentences
- We estimated the risk of fetal loss according to maternal age as a proportion of all pregnancies intended to be carried to term that is, live births, stillbirths, spontaneous abortions, and ectopic pregnancies.
- Families have a specific incentive to report miscarriages, stillbirths, and infant deaths to the family planning system as this leads to authorisation for a new pregnancy.
- Thirteen registries provided listings of cases of anencephaly or spina bifida among liveborn infants, stillbirths, and pregnancy terminations that occurred between 1988 and 1998.
More definitions of stillbirthDefinition of stillbirth in:
- The US English dictionary